About our business writing role:
- We’re looking for a business writer who is passionate about interviewing marketers, salespeople, founders, and other stakeholders within an organization about business, tech and marketing strategy
- You will take these interviews and turn them into educational business articles that will teach your readers how to accomplish something or think about something in a new way
- You must know basic business and marketing terms like LTV, CAC, runway, bootstrapping, lean, CRM, metadata — not just their definition, but where they’re used and why they matter
- You should know about marketing channels like SEO, paid search, paid ads, content marketing, and feel comfortable writing education pieces on those topics (knowing what matters, what’s new, what’s old news, etc.)
- You should have an understanding of what is obvious and uninteresting to marketers, founders, and entrepreneurs, as well as what is interesting, educational, noteworthy.
Here are some of the articles our writers have produced:
Necessary skills for our writing team:
– Must be passionate about marketing, sales, tech, and entrepreneurship
– You must be able keep the attention of a reader in a long-form story
– Must be empathetic and know what matters to marketers, sales execs, and founders
– Must have experience/portfolio showing prior experience on these types of articles. If you don’t, we won’t have a good way to judge you
We typically pay per project — averaging $250-$350 per post.
Benefits of working with us:
– Long-term engagement (if mutually good fit after a couple of paid test pieces)
– Stories will be published in your name
– You’ll be able to build relationships with influential industry leaders
Looking for multiple writers.
If interested, please apply here.