Who We Are
Grow and Convert is a content marketing agency that helps companies grow through content marketing. This post will give you a good sense of who our clients are and the kind of results we produce.
About our business writing role:
- We’re looking for a writer who is passionate about interviewing marketers, salespeople, founders, and other stakeholders within an organization about business, tech and marketing strategy
- You will take these interviews and turn them into educational business articles that will teach your readers how to accomplish something or think about something in a new way
- Bonus points if you know business and marketing terms like LTV, CAC, runway, bootstrapping, lean, CRM, metadata and about marketing things like SEO, paid search, paid ads, and content marketing
- You should have an understanding of what is obvious and uninteresting to marketers, founders, and entrepreneurs, as well as what is interesting, educational, noteworthy.
Here are some of the articles our writers have produced:
Necessary skills for our writing team:
When working with writers, we provide the strategy and topic — you do NOT have to come up with these on your own. Posts are often based on an interview with an expert on the topic you’re writing about, although you may be asked to do some of your own research depending on the situation. You will always have at least one person to discuss ideas with and get feedback throughout the writing process.
– You must have something we call “clarity of thought,” i.e., understand the key points of a post and how to convey them without fluff.
– You must be able to respond intelligently to editing and feedback. We always provide constructive criticism and expect to work with you to make the post as strong as it can be.
– You must be empathetic and know what matters to the audience for each piece.
– You must be responsive (we don’t assign pieces or deadlines without checking with you and usually have at least two weeks built in for back-and-forth on each piece).
– You must be willing and eager to learn. We’ve created a number of educational resources to help you understand exactly what we do and what we want from you.
– Must have experience/portfolio showing prior experience on these types of articles. If you don’t, we won’t have a good way to judge you
Benefits of working with us:
– Contract (fixed-price per article basis)
– We typically pay $250-$350 per post that fall between 1200 – 3000. Writers with specialized knowledge or other abilities can get up to $500
– Long-term engagement (if mutually good fit after a couple of paid test pieces)
– Stories will be published in your name
– You’ll be able to build relationships with influential industry leaders
Looking for multiple writers.
If interested, please apply here.