- B2C Content Marketing: How We Grew a B2C Blog to 70,000 Pageviews in 14 Months
When CognitiveFX (a concussion treatment center based in Provo, Utah) reached out to us last year to do their content marketing, we were unsure if we’d be able to help them. There were a number of reasons why we thought that they might not be a good fit for us or our process: They were a B2C […]
- SaaS Content Strategy: How We Scaled Leadfeeder’s Signups to Over 200/month
We share how shifting strategies from top of funnel stories to pain-point SEO helped Leadfeeder scale to over 220 trial signups/month.
- Does Content Marketing Make Sense for Early Stage Companies? Our Thoughts.
We often get asked the question, “When doesn’t content marketing work for your clients?” Devesh and I have been thinking about this question a lot lately and having looked back through all of the clients that were challenging to work with (or didn’t lead to successful outcomes), the common theme is that they’re always early stage […]
- Content Distribution Strategy: Why We’re Doubling Down on Paid Promotion and SEO
We share how we distribute content using a combination of paid Facebook advertising and SEO (both on-page optimization and link building).
- The Detail Principle for Writing Good Blog Posts
Lately I’ve been evaluating tons of freelance writers, reading more portfolio pieces than I can count, editing a bunch of client pieces, and helping multiple new writers understand how to write a good blog post. This means I’ve been reading a lot of blog posts in the past few months. First, I read candidates portfolio pieces. Then […]
- How Long Does It Take for Content Marketing to Work? A Case Study.
One of the top questions we get asked on our sales calls is “how long does content marketing take to work?” We answer this question through multiple case studies.
- Why Your Content Needs “Originality Nuggets” to Be Effective
We think marketers have become too focused on length being the key factor to “great content”, which has produced too many long posts that have nothing original to say. How many “epic” 3000+ word blog posts have you read that haven’t really taught you anything new? For me, too many. So, in our opinion, length […]
- How Nat Eliason Used Pain-Point SEO to Increase Sales 300% in 2 months
A couple months ago, Benji and I were having a conversation about SEO, content marketing, and turning it into ecommerce sales. I’d expressed some frustration that the organic traffic to one of our blogs, Cup & Leaf, wasn’t converting as well as I’d like it to. We’d done a good job building up our traffic, […]
- Content Ideation: Ways to Come up with Content Ideas That Convert
The topic that you write about is more important than traffic or CTAs for conversions. Here’s our strategy to come up with content ideas that convert.
- Content promotion for 2019: Our shift in strategy and the 3 tactics we’ll use
Last month, I wrote a post called “Content promotion is changing. My thoughts on where we go from here.” In it, we shared months of traffic data from our clients that shows how content promotion is changing and outlined ideas of what we can test going forward. After the last month of testing and exploring […]