- Why Fully Outsourcing Blog Writing to Freelance Writers is Flawed
In our sales calls with many companies and on Twitter, we’ve heard a common complaint that it’s hard to find high quality blog writers. I have been trying to hire a content person for months now. 100s of applicants. All suck. People have portfolios with lame ass mediocre articles. Is it that the average writer just […]
- Grow and Convert Course Review: How I Grew Keeper Tax’s Pageviews By 400% In 3.5 Months
Note from Devesh: Brandon is a member of our content marketing course (and community). He applied the process we teach to one of his clients, showed up to our monthly Live Q&As, shared his plans, got our feedback, applied it, and got amazing results. So we asked him to write about them in this post. Enjoy and […]
- SaaS Content Marketing: Why You Should Focus on Bottom of the Funnel First to Drive Signups
If you talk to content marketers at SaaS companies (both in-house and other agencies), almost everyone will tell you that you need to focus on top of the funnel content first. Why? Because most marketers assume everyone starts at the top of the funnel and slowly makes their way down the funnel via nurturing and more content. The […]
- B2C Content Marketing: How We Grew a B2C Blog to 70,000 Pageviews in 14 Months
When CognitiveFX (a concussion treatment center based in Provo, Utah) reached out to us last year to do their content marketing, we were unsure if we’d be able to help them. There were a number of reasons why we thought that they might not be a good fit for us or our process: They were a B2C […]
- SaaS Content Strategy: How We Scaled Leadfeeder’s Signups to Over 200/month
We share how shifting strategies from top of funnel stories to pain-point SEO helped Leadfeeder scale to over 220 trial signups/month.
- Does Content Marketing Make Sense for Early Stage Companies? Our Thoughts.
We often get asked the question, “When doesn’t content marketing work for your clients?” Devesh and I have been thinking about this question a lot lately and having looked back through all of the clients that were challenging to work with (or didn’t lead to successful outcomes), the common theme is that they’re always early stage […]
- Content Distribution Strategy: Why We’re Doubling Down on Paid Promotion and SEO
We share how we distribute content using a combination of paid Facebook advertising and SEO (both on-page optimization and link building).
- The Detail Principle for Writing Good Blog Posts
Lately I’ve been evaluating tons of freelance writers, reading more portfolio pieces than I can count, editing a bunch of client pieces, and helping multiple new writers understand how to write a good blog post. This means I’ve been reading a lot of blog posts in the past few months. First, I read candidates portfolio pieces. Then […]
- How Long Does It Take for Content Marketing to Work? A Case Study.
One of the top questions we get asked on our sales calls is “how long does content marketing take to work?” We answer this question through multiple case studies.
- Why Your Content Needs “Originality Nuggets” to Be Effective
We think marketers have become too focused on length being the key factor to “great content”, which has produced too many long posts that have nothing original to say. How many “epic” 3000+ word blog posts have you read that haven’t really taught you anything new? For me, too many. So, in our opinion, length […]