- Why Your Content Needs “Originality Nuggets” to Be Effective
We think marketers have become too focused on length being the key factor to “great content”, which has produced too many long posts that have nothing original to say. How many “epic” 3000+ word blog posts have you read that haven’t really taught you anything new? For me, too many. So, in our opinion, length […]
- How Nat Eliason Used Pain-Point SEO to Increase Sales 300% in 2 months
A couple months ago, Benji and I were having a conversation about SEO, content marketing, and turning it into ecommerce sales. I’d expressed some frustration that the organic traffic to one of our blogs, Cup & Leaf, wasn’t converting as well as I’d like it to. We’d done a good job building up our traffic, […]
- Content Ideation: Ways to Come up with Content Ideas That Convert
The topic that you write about is more important than traffic or CTAs for conversions. Here’s our strategy to come up with content ideas that convert.
- Content promotion for 2019: Our shift in strategy and the 3 tactics we’ll use
Last month, I wrote a post called “Content promotion is changing. My thoughts on where we go from here.” In it, we shared months of traffic data from our clients that shows how content promotion is changing and outlined ideas of what we can test going forward. After the last month of testing and exploring […]
- Content promotion is changing. My thoughts on where we go from here
Back in early 2016, we coined the term “community content promotion”. The linked article above shared how we grew our traffic from 0 – 32,977 users in 5 months with this promotion strategy. Here’s a very simplified version of the strategy outlined in the article: You learn about your customer. You figure out what communities your […]
- Pain-Point SEO: How to Produce SEO Content That Drives Conversions
The strategy we coined describing how to prioritize content ideas around high-intent keywords over high-volume keywords with the goal of driving conversions.
- How We Built a Unique Content Strategy for 4 of Our Clients
We share how we created a content strategy to match the goals of four of our clients.
- How We Do Influencer Outreach and Get a 60% Response Rate
From Devesh: We’ve written previously about how using subject matter experts is essential to producing high-quality blog articles. Why? Because unless your customers are truly beginners on a topic, it’s unrealistic to expect a writer, freelancer, or even a marketer to do Google research for a couple of hours and produce a piece that is […]
- How We Earned Press Coverage from a High DA Publication in the First Week
In the first week of being published, this post: “How Much Developers Cost in Different Countries”, received over 1.6k unique page views. That’s not bad for 1 week, but the cherry on top came at the end of the week, when it was covered here by Small Biz Trends, which resulted in over 247 social shares […]
- Customer-Content Fit: A Framework for Producing Content That Attracts Customers
Many companies write for the wrong audience without knowing it. We share our process for doing customer research to hone in on who to write for.