Welcome, University of Dallas Alumni!
We’ve created a job listing specifically for UD graduates who can prove their writing chops and are interested in a challenge. While your initial work would be all writing content, we have ample opportunities for you to move into editing, account management, and strategy if that interests you.
Who We Are
Grow and Convert is a content marketing agency that helps companies grow through content marketing. This post will give you a good sense of who our clients are and the kind of results we produce: https://growandconvert.com/content-marketing/content-strategy/.
About Our Content Writing Role
- We’re looking for a writer who loves learning and can delve deeply into stories and educational topics. We typically interview marketers, salespeople, founders, and other stakeholders within an organization about business, tech, marketing strategy, and more.
- You will take these interviews and turn them into educational business articles that teach your readers how to accomplish something or think about something in a new way
- Bonus points if you know basic business and marketing terms like LTV, CAC, runway, bootstrapping, lean, CRM, metadata — not just their definition, but where they’re used and why they matter. If you don’t, that’s OK, but you do need to be a quick study.
- You should be familiar with (or be ready for a crash course in) marketing channels like SEO, paid search, paid ads, and content marketing.
- You should be able to differentiate between what is obvious/uninteresting to a given audience (market research and guidance is provided) versus what is interesting, educational, or noteworthy in that space.
Here are some of the articles our writers have produced:
Necessary Skills for Our Writing Team
When working with writers, we provide the strategy and topic — you do NOT have to come up with these on your own. Posts are often based on an interview with an expert on the topic you’re writing about, although you may be asked to do some of your own research depending on the situation. You will always have at least one person to discuss ideas with and get feedback throughout the writing process.
– You must have something we call “clarity of thought,” i.e., understand the key points of a post and how to convey them without fluff.
– You must be able to respond intelligently to editing and feedback. We always provide constructive criticism and expect to work with you to make the post as strong as it can be.
– You must be empathetic and know what matters to the audience for each piece.
– You must be responsive (we don’t assign pieces or deadlines without checking with you and usually have at least two weeks built in for back-and-forth on each piece).
– You must be willing and eager to learn. We’ve created a number of educational resources to help you understand exactly what we do and what we want from you.
– You must have some experience/portfolio showing solid writing ability. If you don’t, we won’t have a good way to judge you.
– That said, you do not have to have an English degree. One of our best writers is a Biochem major from UD. 🙂
Benefits of Working With Us
– Contract work (fixed-price per project basis)
– We pay $250-$350 per post for pieces that usually fall between 1200 to 3000 words in length (note that pay is not based on length).
– Long-term engagement (if mutually good fit after a couple of paid test pieces).
– Stories will usually be published in your name, but sometimes ghostwritten as client’s names
– You’ll be able to build relationships with influential industry leaders.
– Our team is 100% remote. You can live wherever you want to as long as you have an internet connection.
We’re looking for multiple writers. If interested, please apply here. Note that the application is written with our most common applicants in mind (often people already in the marketing or content writing space) so please just submit what you can.